Monday, February 25, 2013

Belajar dari cerita Salman al-Farisi....

Assalamu'alaikom warahmatullahi wabarakatuh....

Okai, the story pasal Salman al-Farisi embracing Islam is... 


So, there you have the full on how Salman al-Farisi embraced Islam. What? Tak baca sebab panjang sangat? Yeah, it took me a couple of ten minutes to read all that. The story goes like this. Salman al-Farisi initially seorang Majusi, agama yang sembah api, then one day, his dad ask him to do some chores dekat kebun. On the way, Salman al-Farisi lalu dekat church and ternampak a group of Christian tengah buat their ritual. Then he stay there and look at what they doing sampai terlupa nak buat kerja gardening yang his dad suruh.

Bila Salman al-Farisi balik rumah, he said that the Christian is better then the Majusi. Then Salman went to other places and dia jumpa seorang paderi or monk and belajar pasal Christianity. Then the monk died, he search for other monk. The same thing happen over and over again sampai lah the last monk he met, suruh Salman al-Farisi pergi ke Madinah untuk jumpa dengan Rasulullah Salallahu 'Alaihi Wasallam.

Masa dengan the last monk, Salman al-Farisi ada binatang ternakan sendiri, so Salman al-Farisi kasi ternakannya dekat kumpulan yang nak bergerak ke Madinah as payment or upah bawa Salman la-Farisi ke Madinah. But he was conned and he was sold as slave.

Salman al-Farisi was a slave when Rasulullah Salallahu 'Alaihi Wasallam migrated to Madinah. Then, for this part, kena baca sendiri matn(text) hadith dia sebab this part is the part that touches my heart the most

".... I had something that I had collected, and when evening came, I went to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he was in Quba’, and I entered upon him and said to him: I have heard that you are a righteous man and that you have companions who are strangers and are in need. This is something that I have to give in charity, and I see that you are more in need of it than anyone else. I brought it near to him and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to his companions: “Eat,” but he refrained from eating. I said to myself: This is one. Then I went away and collected some more.


The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) moved to Madeenah, then I came to him and said: I see that you do not eat (food given in) charity; this is a gift with which I wish to honour you. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ate some of it and told his companions to eat too. I said to myself: This is two. Then I came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he was in Baqee’ al-Gharqad, where he had attended the funeral of one of his companions and he was wearing two shawls and was sitting among his companions. I greeted him with salaam then I moved behind him, trying to look at his back to see the Seal that my companion had described to me. When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw me going behind him, he realized that I was trying to find confirmation of something that had been described to me, so he let his rida’ drop from his back, and I saw the Seal and recognized it. Then I embraced him, kissing (the Seal) and weeping, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “Turn around.” So I turned around and I told him my story as I have told it to you, O Ibn ‘Abbaas...."


After that, Salman al-Farisi masih lagi buat kerja-kerja hamba sampai miss perang Badr and Uhud. Then Rasulullah suruh buatkan contract untuk freekan Salman al-Farisi dari jadi hamba. So, contract dibuat and Salman al-Farisi kena tanam 300 pokok and bayar certain amount of gold as tebusan. Ramai sahabat tolong kasi anak pokok sampai cukup 300. Salman al-Farisi dug holes for the trees and Rasulullah Salallahu 'Alaihi Wasallam himself planted the tree. Then, ada sebiji emas saiz telur diberi pada Rasulullah Salallahu 'Alaihi Wasallam and emas tuh was given to Salman al-Farisi untuk dibayar dekat tuannya dulu. Then Salman al-Farisi join perang Khandaq and tak pernah miss any major events with Rasulullah Salallahu 'Alaihi Wasallam since that.

This is just what I learned during last Friday sermon (khutbah) (February 15th) at Masjid Darul Ghufran. I'm not gonna list it because pretty much I've told everything up there. Just wanna share it. Wallahu a'lam.

No comments: